Geared Robot
About
This was a piece that was apart of a much larger project that was an animation (which I should actually post as part of my portfolio...hrmmm). It was part of the pre-production process for a Steampunk-themed apocalypse game idea (Diaphanous). I'm not particular keen on creating "mechas" so this was a pleasant surprise as well as me going out of my comfort shell. It was never used in the final game intro movie, but I'll probably still use this guy as playable side-character for players in-game.
Process and Critique
Although it's somewhat unnoticeable, this sketch shows a bit of how my sketching process is like. I'm very particular in my sketching process, and I start ALL of my sketches with blue non-photo pencil. Afterwards I go into detail with another pencil (such as the red here) or straight into inking.
For critiquing, although the image is sort of interesting, I'm a bit ashamed that it isn't completed (to full color or detail). I think it's a good hinting for employers on what they'll expect to get from me in the pre-production stages of a project, but it's definitely not a completed piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment