Monday, September 19, 2011

Critique - Benjamin Character Ref Sheet

I'm working on critiques of things that are to be in my portfolio...but ALAS! These might not even make it to the final portfolio. I'm also going to do them in a random order. Because I like that.

Benjamin Char Ref Sheet



About
This was also apart of the same project (Diaphanous) as the "Geared Robot" piece. AS part of the pre-production process (for both animated films and games), it's good to see a flesh out of the character (AKA character sheet) and some emotions that the character might express to use as reference. This is one of the few sheets that I had for the character Benjamin, who is one of the main protagonists of the game. This sheet also shows the final interation and style of the character (there were about 5 or so different versions of him).

Process and Critique
Again, like the "Geared Robot," this doesn't show much of a completed piece (such as an inked/colored illustration) but demonstrates pre-production work (which is where I'm trying to get into). I particularly love the style that Benjamin is in, since it's simple but still can be very expressive. This also shows the blue non-photo pencils, and how I use that as a base for my art. The style for the game was very clean for the steampunk style, only because I wanted to make it seem/appear much more childish even though the story itself was dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment