Monday, September 19, 2011

Critique - Geared for Christmas



About and Critique
This is one of the few pieces that was not an assignment (I didn't want to fill my portfolio with stuff I just did by assignment). I'm also relatively proud of this one since I included both a background and a figure. This piece also shows the particular style I enjoy doing, which is more comic-book, by have the figure outlined thickly on the edges and inked thinner on the inside lines. This was, I believe, originally inked traditionally and colored digitally. I'm also a fan of the bright colors. I'm a big fan of pudgy hands, not to say that I can't draw hands (see previous image), I just like the look of them. The only thing I noticed that is a bit proportionally off is the ear is just a bit too low for this elf.

No comments:

Post a Comment