Piece 1 - "Lucebelle"
I like the style and rendering of Lucebelle and rather proud of the coloring itself.
I don't feel that the body proportions are too off, particularly for the style that this piece follows (the art from Disney's Pixie Hollow series), however there are a few errors I think worth noting.
1) Her legs appear a bit too long. Although the longer legs denote a wispier character (like a fairy), the legs seem slightly off in length compared to the rest of her (torso and head especially). Her arms could be a bit longer to match the longer legs as well.
2) Her hands are entirely too small. I'll be honest, I sort of fuddled the hands in this. Because of that the hands appear much too small for the size of her face (which will be discussed in a minute). They should actually be larger enough to cover most of her facial features if she covered her face with hand, and they seem to be 2x too small for that.
3) Her head (although matching with the style) is a bit too large, particularly for wide her shoulders are, even if they are slight.
Piece 2 - "Judith"
As with most of my female characters, her head seems a bit on the larger side, but honestly not by too much. I wish I made her a little bit more thicker though, since she looks really wispy (although the actress that played her in the first movie was relatively thin). For limb proportion, I think it matches rather well, especially if I thicken her out a bit, although I made her torso a bit longer than it should be. Her feet a bit larger than they should've been as well, but I think her hand proportion fits her face. Just a bit thicker (to make her seem a bit realistic) I think would've helped a lot with this piece.
Piece 3 - "Mary"
Piece 4 - "Portrait Adult Female"
This is a bit different than the other critiques, since this is just of the face, which will help me focus on my issues with facial proportions.
I'm really proud of this particular piece, since it was one of the best portraits I've done, but I still think it might need a bit of work. I think the most major elements that I need to address are the eyes and the nose. I always tend to make these a tad too large. I think that her eyes should also be just a little bit closer together. The model's face was actually really small, and she had a small head with large hair, so I feel that it fits the model. However, for proportional sake, her hair would be out as far and I think I'd make her jaw a bit broader.
Piece 5 - "Old Man Head 4-Up"
This is definitely a bit different than the others, since this is just a face as well as being 3D.
From the frontal view (view 2) it looks as if the model is relatively proportionate to how a face should be, except for the slightly wider mouth. From the side views (view 1 and 3), the face itself seems rather flat making the model more 2D than 3D. There should be more definition in the cheek bones and a more prominent brow. Even though the jowls/cheeks are out a bit far, I don't think that it is entirely disproportionate since the character is supposed to be an older character.
Just a quick note. Judith's neck seems all jacked up, the shoulder on one side is longer than the other. Also Portrait Adult woman, her eye is instantly noticable that it is sunken in. I think because its pushed back in the face.
ReplyDelete